Wednesday, August 22, 2007

07 Summer Camp Trip


We had a fabulous family camping trip up to Tropic Reservore (other than we were missing Stacy!). The weather was perfect ... warm in the day and cool at night! We had plenty of good food and fun!


We left around noon on Saturday and got up there at dinner time. We set up camp, built a fire and had chili cheese dogs. Then went to bed early!


Sunday we woke up early and enjoyed the beautiful surroundings, we were just cleaning up breakfast when Kelly, Dar & Whitney came! We talked awhile, rode around a bit, had lunch, then sang "happy birthday" to Jim and he opened his gifts. Kali (our dog) started chocking and gagging for along time ... we tried to help her but she kept running off. So we left her alone for about 1/2 hour then went to look for her and couldn't find her. When we were finally giving up, Tori found her over by the restrooms acting weird. We brought her back to camp and tried to get her to drink water, but she wouldn't. We made her a bed and she just laid there starring and breathing half breaths! We left her alone for a little while but kept checking on her and nothing changed except her stomach kept getting bigger and bigger. So we took her down the mountain to find a vet. We talked to one from Cedar City that said it sounded like her stomach had been twisted and she needed surgery right away! He said the closest vacility was in St. George! So we drove over 100 miles to rush her in for surgery on a Sunday night!


Amber, McKade, Tori, Matt and Eleesha stayed at camp. They played, relaxed, talked, and ate foil dinners, then went to bed. Jim and Karen stayed at Kelly and Dar's house (friends).


Monday morning we picked Kali up at 7:30 and she looked MUCH better!! She was excited to get out of THERE!! He said there was no problem with taking her back up the canyon ... so we headed back up to the camp. That day we left the dogs in camp and went for a long quad ride and saw beautiful scenery and lots of wildlife. We came home and ate, took a short nap, then the guys took off for a more adventurous ride while the girls played battleship. We had a nice dinner around the campfire, and ended off with some-mores. It doesn't get any better than that!! :)


Tuesday we had a big breakfast, cleaned up camp and headed out! Lots of good memories made! And looking forward to the next time! (with Stacy there!)

1 comment:

Isis said...

Fun fun fun! I wish I was there! I miss you guys sooo much.. it´s been what? More than 7 years? You´re all always on my mind and prayers! Finally I think I can visit you guys now! Stacy told me she will be back by November, so I was thinking that I could visit you guys after that. By that time tori will be a mommy! Oh my oh my! I would love to go on December but I´m not sure if I can get my vacation here at work for this period,if not, I´ll go anytime next year for sure. I promise!
Ana Menezes